Surrey Memorial Hospital needs volunteers.
Applicants must be at least 16 and be able to commit to a regular (once or twice a week) schedule for a minimum of six months (from Feb. 22 to Aug. 31).
Suitable applicants will be contacted for an interview and those selected for placement must provide references.
The positions available are:
• Auxiliary Gift Cart service – accompany the mobile cart to various wards on the second and fourth Saturday of the month from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.;
• Auxiliary Lottery Booth – sales and service, Wednesday from 1-5 p.m.;
• Auxiliary Penny Savers’ Thrift Shop – variety of functions at the store at 11961 82 Ave. in full- or half-day shifts, Monday to Friday;
• Emergency Support Service – Complement the role of the Emergency Department by enhancing communication and providing comfort and support to patients, families, visitors and staff, varying four-hour weekday shifts;
• Intensive Care Unit ICU Visitor Room host – provide support and direction to families and visitors, varying four-hour weekday shifts;
• Palliative Care Unit musician – provide a musical background on the unit for families, friends, patients and staff. Must be a highly accomplished musician who is able to play a selection of quiet, reflective music, one or two Mondays a month from 1:30-3:30 p.m.;
• Welcome and wayfinding – a variety of four-hour weekday shifts available.
Detailed descriptions can be viewed at www.govolunteer.ca
For details or to apply, contact Volunteer Resources at 604-588-3381 or email email@example.com
To download application, visit www.fraserhealth.ca