Sponsored by Fraser Valley Food & Gluten-Free Living Show | Impress Branded Content
A "food coma" is known as the lethargic state of pure bliss one experiences after consuming a large amount of food. If that's the case, then the Fraser Valley Food & Gluten-Free Living Show is the happiest place on earth.
More than 15,000 visitors are expected to attend the show April 1-3 at TRADEX in Abbotsford.
Enjoy interactive presentations from celebrity chefs, food and beverage pairing seminars, a sausage-making competition, and plenty of demonstrations, including butchering techniques and The Edible Garden, where experts will conduct presentations on urban gardening and beekeeping.
Five tips for surviving the weekend:
1. Wear your stretchy pants: Bring out those elastic waistbands and workout gear because you're going to need the extra room.
2. Come hungry: There are 125 vendors. Enough said.
3. Don't fear the gluten-free: It's healthy and hearty. Try the many tasty specialty products and beer samples, and enjoy gluten-free cooking presentations.
4. Get your celebrity foodie fix: Learn from the pros, like the Food Network's Bob Blumer, this year's headliner celebrity chef on the Celebrity Cooking Stage, and Vancouver's Chef Hidekazu Tojo of Tojo's Japanese Restaurant.
5. Be ready to rinse your palette: The best way to wash down all that food is with some quality drink samples from more than 20 boutique wineries and micro-breweries. Swing by The Grapes & Hops Stage for pairing seminars with local experts, or attend one of the weekend's many workshops like Sniff, Swirl, Sip: How to Taste Wine Like a Pro, and The Art of Cocktail Making.
For more information and tickets, visit www.fraservalleyfoodshow.com.