It goes without saying that Surreyâ€™s top public officials are paid handsomely. But have you ever wondered how handsomely?
Well, wonder no more. Youâ€™ve already seen Deltaâ€™s 10 highest paid public employees â€“ now itâ€™s time to check out Surreyâ€™s.
All salaries have been pulled from the Vancouver Sunâ€™spublic sector salaries database. The City of Surrey has yet to declare its 2013 salaries, so all numbers here are from 2012. As a result, only five of these positions are held by the people listed below. Weâ€™ll provide an update once the new numbers have been made public.
10. Len Garis, fire chief, City of Surrey â€“ $206,679
9. Craig MacFarlane, city solicitor, City of Surrey â€“ $207,277
8. Jean Lamontagne, GM of Planning & Development, City of Surrey â€“ $214,562
7. Michael McKay, superintendent, Surrey School District â€“ $229,057 (No longer in this position; McKay retired at the end of 2013)
6. Vincent Lalonde, GM of Engineering, City of Surrey â€“ $229,892 (No longer in this position; promoted to city manager earlier this year)
5. Laurie Cavan, GM of Parks, Recreation & Culture, City of Surrey â€“ $231,933
4. Vivienne Wilke, GM of Finance & Technology, City of Surrey â€“ $232,824
3. Aubrey Kelly, COO, Surrey City Development Corporation â€“ $253,577 (No longer in this position; took over as CEO in January)
2. James Cox, president and CEO, Surrey City Development Corporation â€“ $323,750 (No longer in this position)
1. Murray Dinwoodie, City Manager, City of Surrey â€“ $329,761 (Dinwoodie retired earlier this year)