- Roses and a big thank you to former mayors Watts, Bose and Hepner for speaking up on the secrecy of the current mayor Doug McCallum on his policing plan. Expect your taxes to go up by thousands of dollars if McCallum’s policing plan goes through. To the 13 per cent who voted for this mayor – you should pay for all of his plan.
- Roses to Surrey City Hall’s heritage appreciation staff. Bravo and thank you for all the new fantastic historical photos displayed along the walls of the Newton Seniors’ Centre. Love them! Well done!
- Roses to all big trucks crossing the Pattullo Bridge that safely cross using flashers and the middle of both lanes. Rotten tomatoes to people behind them who can’t wait one or two minutes to be safer on the outdated and unsafe bridge.
- Rotten tomatoes to people who keep badmouthing Mayor Doug McCallum. I, for one, am fed up of all the negative press and constant fearmongering regarding McCallum’s plan to replace the RCMP with a municipal police force. We deserve a police force that will work for us citizens, not Ottawa. McCallum is doing a favour for his constituents. Lest we forget the old saying: you get what you pay for.
- Rotten tomatoes to Surrey for allowing driver training schools – especially tractor trailers – to operate during rush hour.
- Rotten tomatoes to the rude man who berated me in the Fleetwood Fresh Street parking lot about pulling my car further into the spot. Although you refused to listen to what I was telling you, you continued your tirade trying to make me feel stupid. Next time you are in that parking lot you might want to take a look at the spot where I was parking and see that in fact there is a double curb and the closer one was under the front of my car.
- Rotten tomatoes to City of Surrey. For the past six months it has stopped cleanup on streets and alleys. The garbage left everywhere you go is unbelievable. You can’t walk anywhere without running into it. The city is now campaigning to have citizens do it. What is it we pay our taxes for?
Like us on Facebook Follow us on Instagram and follow us on Twitter