- Rotten tomatoes to the mayor of Surrey for holding law-abiding citizens hostage while this insanity of fireworks continues. It is against the law, religion or not. Enforce the law.
- Rotten tomatoes to all those who were letting off fireworks and firecrackers on Diwali. It was like living in a war zone for more than seven hours, not to mention the “bombs” that went off at 3 a.m. As I walked the neighbourhood the next morning, the expired fireworks/firecrackers were everywhere, driveways where vehicles were parked, parks, cul de sacs etc., along with empty beer and liquor bottles. We were all bothered by the Armageddon that occurred in the Surrey area on Diwali but people with anxiety and emotional disorders, as well as pets and wild animals, suffer the most. Where is the City of Surrey in enforcing the bylaws? This has to change.
- Rotten tomatoes to Surrey’s bylaw department who only seem to work during the day during Diwali and Halloween. The war zone happens at night, not during the day.
- It is illegal since 2005 to sell or discharge fireworks in Surrey. Rotten tomatoes to the mayor, city council, RCMP and Surrey bylaws for not enforcing it. It is a law – so enforce it. Newton is a war zone.
- Rotten tomatoes to Surrey’s mayor and councillors for even thinking of a new bylaw regarding recreation vehicles on city streets. The existing bylaws you have are not being enforced, like illegal tree cutting, no follow up on replacing trees after trees are cut down, illegal parking of vehicles and trucks, paving of boulevards, front and back yards, suites without permits. The list goes on and on.
- Roses to our neighbours to the east. I am not surprised that Alberta wants to separate from B.C. and the rest of Canada. Can you blame them? Go Alberta, go!
- Tomatoes to our neighbours who are repeatedly banging my walls in the middle of the night. How about showing some respect for those who are trying to sleep for crying out loud? You’re not the only one living in the complex!
- A basket of red roses to the all the volunteers at the Newton Seniors’ Centre who so diligently share their talents, time and energies with their fellow seniors. You are appreciated and you keep our spirits uplifted!
- A dumpster load of rotten tomatoes to the lowlife who dumped a dumpster load of garbage on my daughter’s driveway. You took advantage of darkness and a quiet street across from a park to do your dirty deed. Thanks to you, we are looking at more than $600 to remove your crap.
Like us on Facebook Follow us on Instagram and follow us on Twitter