Always in search for the latest trend in skin, face, body, and hair (and everything-else) care? Introducing a new product that will not make you sorry for leaving your name brands: Fresh Produce. And when we say “Fresh Produce”, we actually mean REAL fruits and vegetables.
Fruits and vegetables are nutritious and delicious, but did you know that you could use them for their beautifying properties? Next time you run out of your beauty care products, take our suggestion and try out the following recipes using strawberries, avocados and cucumbers.
Berry-Good Acne Remedy
Take advantage of the local strawberry season and use these natural ingredients to make your skin look clear.
1. Mash together ½ cup of sliced strawberries and 1 TSP of sour cream
2. Apply this mixture to your face and leave it for 10 minutes or so
3. Rinse thoroughly.
Think acne is only for the young?! Regardless of age, if you get blemishes, try this formula.
Avocado Facial Cleanser
1. Beat the yolk of an egg until it is light and frothy
2. Add a half-cup of milk and the mashed half of a ripe peeled avocado.
3. Beat the mixture with a fork until you have a thin cream or lotion-like consistency.
4. Apply on squares of cotton as you would any other cleanser. (You may also use this deep cleanser after ordinary soap and water, if your skin is normal).
Now don’t throw the avocado skin out just yet! See below.
1. Using gentle upward strokes, lightly massage your face with the inside of the peel. Let the oil residue remain on your skin for about 15 minutes.
2. Wash your face gently with three or four rinses of tepid water and pat dry.
The invisible natural oil will help protect your skin from pollutants and dirt in the air and revitalize your skin with natural Vitamin E.
Cucumber Eye Therapy
Reduce those Dark Circles Under your Eyes (and tighten the skin)
1. Mix grated cucumbers with milk and refrigerates for 30 minutes, then apply to under-eye skin and allow to stay on for 20 minutes. Rinse with cool water.
Fruits and vegetables are effective ingredients to treat your complexion. The natural nutrients of the fruits and vegetables are directly transferred to your skin, avoiding the chemically rich alternative. Produce is always easy to find and they are less costly then the regular beauty products. Run to your favorite produce store and indulge in this all natural skin therapy.